The Fort Gym Fulham is Ready To Reopen
We are delighted to say that we’re ready to open our doors again on the 25th July. It has been so inspiring to see how the UK population has embraced exercise during lockdown and I very much hope that you have been able to stay active from home.
We’ve missed you and now we can’t wait to welcome you back to our club so that we can continue to support your health and fitness journey. We have been working hard behind the scenes to improve the club facilities and to create a safe environment for you to visit and we’ve made some changes to how we do things.
Our changes have been guided by the experts at UK Active, the UK Government and Public Health England. Please read this email carefully – we know it’s a lot to take in, but it is important that we all work together to keep the club safe.
We Are Going To Keep You Safe
- To begin with your Gym visits will need to be booked through our Fitsense App to allow us to manage capacity, flow and allow for the safe enjoyment for all. Bookings will be open 3 days before the date. Capacity will be restricted to a maximum of 1:100sq ft. There will be plenty of slots through the day to accommodate everyone. Entry will only be granted to those that booked. If you book and cannot make the slot anymore please cancel the booking to free the slot for another member.
- All members and staff will be temperature checked on entry with our Infrared wall mounted thermometer.
- On entry to the club you will be given your own aluminium sanitiser spray and cloth for personal use during your visit. This will make the cleaning of the equipment you use before and after you use it easy for you.
- Extra sanitiser sprays and paper towels will be widely available around the club.
- Multiple automatic hand sanitiser stations are wall mounted and positioned around the club. Please sanitise your hands on entry to the club and as you move between areas.
- The club will be kept well be ventilated. Some gym equipment has moved or has been taken out of action to comply with social distancing.
- Floor tape and floor signage has been laid to assist in social distancing.
- Enhanced club cleaning and equipment cleaning schedules throughout the day and overnight.
- Steam rooms will remain closed for the time being as the risk of transmission is unclear.
We Are Changing How Classes Work
- We are really excited to launch a new class timetable with live classes restarting on the 1st August.
- We will be running outdoors classes as well as indoor. These can be booked via the Fitsense App.
- You will need to book for classes which will be made available 3 days prior to the class via the club Fitsense App. Only those members that have booked will be allowed to take part in the class.
- As you may expect we will be reducing the number of people in our classes and placing markers on the floor to help our members maintain the 1m+ distance.
- Classes may be shorter (30-45 mins) or less frequent to make sure we have enough time to clean in between classes and help members leave safely.
- If you have booked a yoga class please bring a yoga mat with you if you have one.
- Please clean all equipment before and after use and leave the studio tidy so the club team can clean.
Let’s Do This Together – We Need Your Help
To make this work, we need to work together. Here’s how you can help:
- If you feel sick or experience Covid-19 symptoms, please don’t come to the club
- Arrive dressed and ready to workout.
- Shower at home if you can. Whilst changing rooms will be available we encourage members to arrive on their booking time in sports kit and where possible travel home to shower.
- We are cashless so bring or debit or credit card if you would like to purchase something.
- Gym sessions will be timed at a maximum of 80 minutes, that way every member gets the chance to use our facilities.
- Don’t share equipment and don’t move weights or benches to other parts of the club
- Please follow social distancing guidelines on the gym floor, in the studio and in the changing rooms.
- Please book your visits in advance, come at the correct time, cancel your booking if you are unable to attend.
Our furloughed staff have been waiting patiently to return and welcome you back. Your cooperation and support with our changes will help the team put them into practice effectively.
What If I Don’t Want To Come Back Yet?
Whenever you are ready, we will be there to make your return as straightforward as possible. If you are not ready to restart your membership yet – that’s no problem. Just let us know by emailing email@example.com
by the 20th July. If you have requested to cancel or freeze already please ignore this email.
What Is Next?
- The club are looking to increase opening hours and launch a secure QR code entry system.
- The club will be sending out further emails and posting on our Facebook and Instagram and website this email and more details on how to book gym visits, indoor classes and outdoor classes through out Fitsense App.
Thanks for your patience and support. We are so looking forward to welcoming you back.